SwagBucks

Monday, December 7, 2009

Regis and Kelly Called Me!

I was watching Regis and Kelly. Of course, Regis is out due to hip surgery so Bryant Gumble was co-hosting with Kelly Ripa. It is funny I even know all this because I rarely watch them, usually just when I am doing things and TV is on in the background.

Well, I fell asleep during the opening credits, but heard in my subconscious the dialing of the phone for when they do their daily giveaway. Their phone started ringing at the EXACT moment my home phone started ringing.

Have you ever had those really irrational dreams that happen between snoozes on your alarm clock? That's kinda what I had going on. I thought to myself, "Wow, the Regis and Kelly show is calling me for their daily trivia question. I didn't even enter, and I sure as heck didn't watch the show on Friday, so the chances of me getting this question right isn't very good. At least I can win the consolation prize."

So, groggily I got up. I walked up to the phone and saw the caller ID. Sure enough it was "unknown number" as I'd expect it to be when a live TV show is calling you. Of course, they don't want their real studio line phone number to get out.

I answered the phone. "Hello?"

Long pause. "Wait," I thought to myself, "the phone on TV is still ringing and I've clearly picked up the phone. What is wrong with their end of the line?"

It was at that moment that I realized I was being called by a telemarketer.

1 comment:

Allyson Kellner said...

Love it! Hilarious!! :-)