SwagBucks

Monday, December 21, 2009

3 Shopping Days until Christmas!

I am always shocked when people are still in the midst of Christmas shopping this late into the season. Christmas wrapping not done, yet? That I understand a bit more. I just finished mine two days ago.

I went to a shopping area today to pick up lunch for myself and started to circle looking for a parking space and got lucky with a good spot near the restaurant. I could not believe the traffic, the lines, and the lack of joy on people's faces during the "most wonderful time of the year."

I can't help but think if people took joy in gift giving rather than seeing it as a chore, they probably would enjoy the season a bit more than they do and at least the joy would be restored to the late-in-the-season shoppers.

Don't get me started on the traffic! I'm just glad I survived the ordeal.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a teacher and I don't have the time nor the energy to do it well beforehand. And believe me, I really love the people I'm shopping for.
Sometimes I can get into more of the spirit doing it but sometimes it's a pain!

Maybe someday I can leisurely shop!