SwagBucks

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sewing Madness

There are times sewing can be sew not fun. I crack myself up.

My mom gave me her old sewing machine which she must have stored in dust. I did not know that storing it in dust was the preferred thing to do and it was polished on the outside so nicely that I just sat down to use it.

Two broken needles later, my mother-in-law came over to look at it. At my mom's suggestion, we looked at the inside to see if it needed cleaning. We pulled out clump after clump of dust. We think we found the culprit wedged deep inside one of the moving parts. I was a long piece of black thread with several knots in it. Mom, when was the last time you used that machine with black thread? (Clearly before you stored it in dust.)

The machine appears to work fine now.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sew sorry...he-he! I have not even used that machine in at least 7 years, so can't tell you exactly when I last used black thread, but sew happy to hear it is now working like a champ. It is probably from when you still lived at home, so that was an eon ago. That is when I realized that the optimum method of storage was in dust! ;)

Let the creativity begin!

Lots of love....