SwagBucks

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Two Cent Stamps

Allow me to save you a trip to the post office. Remember those vending machines in the lobby where you could purchase single stamps? That vending machine was a lifesaver when all you needed was say...a 2 cent stamp since postage went up and you didn't want to wait in that long line.

They no longer exist.

I found this out the hard way when I went to two different city post offices looking for 2 cent stamps on Saturday night at 8 pm. I'm a huge fan of the Automated Post Office thingy in the lobby, don't get me wrong, but you cannot purchase 2 cent stamps in bulk there. In fact, your first purchase from that machine has to be over $1.00 and you have to cheat to get your 2 cent stamps by pretending you have a letter on the scale that has partial postage on it, you have to type in the zip code (which I made up on the spot since it costs the same amount to mail a first class envelope anywhere in the United States), and you have to tell it that you don't want to put a letter-sized label on your little envelope. It took me 10 minutes to purchase 4 of the 32 stamps I needed and I had to purchase 3 regular (44 cent) stamps so as to not anger the machine.

Now I have to find time during regular business hours to purchase the remaining 28 stamps I need. You can't see me right now, but I'm shaking my head in disapproval. Yet another reason to continue with my online bill pay.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Ok, Mandie, the next time you go and buy stamps...by the forever stamps. They are the price of whatever the stamps are at that time, but when the amount increases that become that amount. So, I buy 5 books at a time because then ultimately I am getting them cheaper because in a couple of months the price will go up again...forever stamps! Thats what you need!!!

Mandie said...

I know! Last time I went to purchase stamps, they were out of forever stamps. Sigh. I shouldn't have gotten so many.

Have no fear. I got my 2 cent stamps today. :)