SwagBucks

Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm Feeling Judgmental

I guess it started last week when I saw an adoption listing for a two and a half year old little girl with Prader-Willi Syndrome. She has spent her whole life in the hospital because she has no one to take care of her. Then I was watching Oprah, and this woman was bragging about giving up her country-club lifestyle by divorcing her husband and moving her kids to a shack in the woods. Isn't there a middle ground there somewhere? I know I shouldn't judge, but sometimes it's really hard not to, but I have to remember, I am by no means exempt from judgment. So, I'm still working on that plank in my eye. Maybe, if I can get it out, I'll be able to see more clearly why people make the choices that they make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

screw that, we're good parents! Revel in that fact.

Amy said...

How weird, this wasn't supposed to post until tomorrow.