SwagBucks

Thursday, February 19, 2009

True Confessions, Part IV

All of my life, I have wanted a daughter. When I was pregnant for the second time, after having already had a son (who I adore), I *really* wanted a daughter. I remember one particular conversation I had with the Lord, in which I informed Him in no uncertain terms, that this baby I was carry had better be a girl, or I was going to be really mad. I probably don't need to mention that this was a one-sided conversation or that this is not my proudest moment. Then I went into labour almost 7 weeks early and was in the hospital for days trying to keep this baby inside to cook a little longer. After three days of total bedrest in the hospital, the baby wasn't doing so well and the doctor said "Call your husband, the c-section starts in 40 minutes." Filbert made it just in time and as I lay there waiting for my second child to be born, I didn't care anymore if it was a boy or a girl, I just begged God to let me hear my baby cry when it was born. The tiny cries of my 3 pound, 13 ounce son are still the sweetest sound I have ever heard.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Peanut! You are my heart and my joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't driven that fast since high school when the phone rang at 2am and I was told, "be here in 20 minutes." Made it with time to spare!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little boy your Peanut is...and isn't it wonderful that God blessed you not only with two beautiful boys, but also fulfilled the desire of your heart in giving you a little Cashew, too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! An Amy post, an Amy post, an Amy post!!

Amy said...

Yeah, I know, I'm a slacker!

Mandie said...

Happy Birthday, Peanut!